If you love the dewy glow of cream blush but not the slew of parabens and phthalates that are used to achieve it, you’ll love this simple DIY Shea butter lip & cheek tint recipe!
Fresh from the MMC botanicals studio, our bump & baby product crafter and Eco Baby Doula Kristen has been busy formulating our natural line of pregnancy, birth, and baby products due to launch this fall.
Owner of MMC and our sister company Hazel & Honey- Handmade Naturals Kristen joined the Mountain Momma Collective crew in April of 2018. Combining her years of experience in the natural body product world, Kristen has set her sights on the maternal wellness industry and together with our team of IBCLCS, Midwives, and Doulas, is #doulacrafting thoughtful and gentle body products to our community.
Making it easy to purchase & gift products you know are SAFE for you and your baby, Mountain Momma Collective is the first combined Doula Group/ Shop to make and offer body products dedicated to the advancement of maternal wellness.
Try this DIy, and let MMC know how it turns out! Here's the recipe:
DIY Shea Butter Lip & Cheek Tint
By: Kristen Pirie
You will need:
- 2 level teaspoons mica powder (I used a combo of 3 different shades) 1 teaspoon kaolin clay
- 1 tablespoon plus 1⁄2 tsp. Shea butter
- lavender essential oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 oz. metal tin mortar & pestle
- Add the clay and mica in a small bowl, mix well.
- Put Shea butter into the mortar and pestle and mash it well. Slowly add the mica & clay powder while mixing and mashing.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil (optional).
- After it is thoroughly combined transfer to a 1⁄2oz. tin for storage. Tap the container on a hard surface to level the surface of your lip & cheek tint.
Shelf life: 1 year.
Use a clean finger to apply a small amount to your cheeks or lips and smooth over skin.
Want to join Kristen for her next in person session?
DIY Diaper Bag Essentials next class is September 15th.
Make it with love for your baby. Find out more HERE.
Kristen Pirie lives in Barrie, Ontario with her family. She is the CPO of Mountain Momma Collective and Hazel & Honey - Handmade Naturals, is an Eco Baby Doula, and Photographer.
You can get in touch with her through firstname.lastname@example.org
MMC is hiring! We are currently seeking individuals who advocate for the advancement of maternal wellness for our London, Ontario & Waterloo Region teams. Mountain Momma Collective's commitment to equal opportunity includes creating an accessible workplace for our employees both digitally and physically. MMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates and thrives on diversity within our workplace.